finally had it with the lock on my cva project hawken

Go down

finally had it with the lock on my cva project hawken

Post by corey on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I been fighting with the lock on my cva project hawken for 3yrs, thinking it was a stripped screw. I got some screws. while working on it I found that the sear spring was shot, the lock plate was needing a good polish, the tumbler was wrong, the sear was rubbing on the lock plate, the tumbler was wearing a groove in the lock plate.

just order a new l&r lock and be done with it.
avatar
corey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 40

View user profile http://huntingonabudget.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: finally had it with the lock on my cva project hawken

Post by corey on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:15 am

my lock came in.
first thing I did was mark the areas that I thought I need to take away. I used a sharpie to do this



next, using a trim router with a 1/4in straight bit, I slowly removed the areas I marked. once the markings where gone, I fitted the lock to the stock, ended up removing a little more wood. used a chisel to do so, cleaned up with sandpaper.

little proud of the inlay work I did, first time having to do anything like this.

one little mistake, the router did jump one time. and hit the out side of the stock. oh well, gives me a excuse to refinish it.


few taps with a hammer (rubber mallet) the lock is in for the first time. I had to do a little playing around to get the lock in.


one screw was not wanting to line up, once I got it to. it goes in clean every time.
half


full


I am hoping to find out how I like the short stoke design. soon.

inlay, fitting time = 1hr
tuning the trigger= still going on
avatar
corey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 152
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-01
Age : 40

View user profile http://huntingonabudget.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum