Hunting on a budget
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

word of advise about getting reloading supplies.

2 posters

Go down

word of advise about getting reloading supplies. Empty word of advise about getting reloading supplies.

Post by corey Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 am

DON'T BE PICKY.

example, you can't find the primers your looking for (my case, more then one brand), get them.

if all else fails check Fleebay but be very careful, just don't go on the sellers rating. read the comments made as far as a month. there are some out there that are taking there time. these cost me money. do have two sets of 9mm luger dies now.

at the range. make sure you go when no one is there. may get lucky and get some range brass. (not at the range I go to, there is a guy that comes and picks it up for the scrap yard)

all else fails, and can't pick up any bullets for the caliber you are reloading. learn to cast and check with you local tire shop. they may still have some lead wheel weights.

corey
corey
Admin
Admin

https://huntingonabudget.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

word of advise about getting reloading supplies. Empty Re: word of advise about getting reloading supplies.

Post by pilsbury38 Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 am

Went to walleyworld & kmart last night to get some 20ga shells for rabbit huntin and it was slim pickins! Most all the shelves were bare hardly any ammo. Wont be long we all be reloading.
pilsbury38
pilsbury38
newbe
newbe

Back to top Go down

word of advise about getting reloading supplies. Empty Re: word of advise about getting reloading supplies.

Post by corey Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 pm

ammo is so hard to come by right now. not even wallyworld is able to get much. they froze order at one point just to get caught up. that made a big stink on a few forums.
corey
corey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilsbury38 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah i have been to 5 stores to get 22lr and they all say it will be at least sept before they get any in!
pilsbury38
pilsbury38
newbe
newbe

Back to top Go down

Post by corey Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:24 am

It is going to be long year. more of some have lost there minds over all this. strong pro gun states are killing there own control bills. VA killed like 10 in the first week.

the mess media is still making sound like majority of is for gun control, starting to sound me the opposite is true.
corey
corey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilsbury38 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 am

Yep, i think opposite is true. Just spent about an hour lookin for 22lr online and absolutely everywhere is sold out! I cant hardly believe it. Guess i wont get any till fall......
pilsbury38
pilsbury38
newbe
newbe

Back to top Go down

Post by corey Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am

yeah, I wish I bought a case this last summer when I was looking for 22lr to feed my mossberg 715t.
corey
corey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down